Cristiano Ronaldo out of Juventus’ match against Barcelona

Sports

FILE – In this Sunday, Oct. 11, 2020 file photo Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo, left, and France’s Presnel Kimpembe, centre, eye the ball, during the UEFA Nations League soccer match between France and Portugal at the Stade de France in Saint-Denis, north of Paris, France. The Portuguese soccer federation says Cristiano Ronaldo has tested positive for the coronavirus. The federation says Ronaldo is doing well and has no symptoms. He has been dropped from the country’s Nations League match against Sweden on Wednesday, Oct. 14. (AP Photo/Thibault Camus, File)

TURIN, Italy (AP) — Cristiano Ronaldo was left off Juventus’ match squad for the Champions League game against Barcelona on Wednesday, more than two weeks after the 35-year-old forward initially tested positive for COVID-19.

Ronaldo tested positive Oct. 13 and was reported to have no symptoms.

The Portuguese player posted a photo and message on Twitter on Wednesday.

“Feeling good and healthy!” he wrote. “Forza Juve!”

Ronaldo first tested positive two days before Portugal’s Nations League match against Sweden. He was dropped from the squad after another test on Oct. 14 confirmed the positive result.

On Tuesday, Juventus refused to comment on Italian media reports that Ronaldo’s latest test was still positive for COVID-19.

Álvaro Morata replaced Ronaldo against Dynamo Kyiv last week and scored twice in a 2-0 win in Group G.

___

More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports

Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Fish and Game

Trending Stories