Mobile Ala. (WKRG) — A utility worker heading home after helping to restore power on the Gulf Coast was killed Wednesday in a crash in Mississippi.
The crash happened on Highway 45 in Macon, MS. The utility worker was driving in a convoy of power trucks when he struck an 18-wheeler, according to Assistant Police Chief Douglas Triplett.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun confirms to WKRG News 5 the man killed has been identified as 37-year-old, Darrell Holt, from Excelsior Springs, Missouri. WKRG has learned he worked for R&M Pole Line Construction.
Holt’s family has started a fund to raise money for his funeral. If you would like to donate, click here.
- Coffee Co. EMA officials keeping a keen eye on Hurricane Zeta’s projected path in the Gulf of Mexico
- Coffee Co. Commissioner Josh Carnley returns after being stricken with the Coronavirus
- ‘A new start’: 17 Mississippi inmates baptized by department’s ministry
- WDHN Storm Team: Impacts from Hurricane Zeta on the Wiregrass’ forecast
- Texas 3-year-old dies after accidentally shooting himself during his birthday party