The Troy Police Department is investigating a Robbery and several vehicle burglaries that took place last night.
At approximately 2:30 am Police responded to a residence in the 200 block of John M. Long Drive to a report of a robbery. According to the report, two black males entered the residence armed with handguns. The unknown suspects went through the residence and took electronic items and the victim’s wallet. The suspects then left the residence on foot. One suspect was described as 6’1” tall, 160 pounds, wearing a baggy white shirt and blue jeans. The other suspect was approximately 5’3” tall, 180 pounds, wearing a black shirt and blue jeans. Both suspects had their face covered. The victim was not injured during the robbery. No other information is available at this time.
Police also responded to several calls where vehicles were broken into.
There were two reported on John M. Long Drive and several others in the 600 block of Elm Street. All of the vehicles involved were left unlocked.
Anyone with information about any of these crimes is asked to contact the Troy Police Department at 334-566-0500 or call the Secret Witness Line at 334-566- 5555.
The Troy Police Department encourages all residents to exercise additional safety precautions to include the following:
– Secure your residence at all times, even if you are at home
– If you are not at home after dark, leave lights on in and around your home
– Do not open the door to anyone that you do not know. Contact the police and allow them to check the area.
– Lock your vehicle at all times, even when occupied
– Do not leave valuable items in your vehicle
– Never leave guns inside your vehicle
– Contact the police immediately if you see anything suspicious at your home or vehicle or that of your neighbors
– See Something, Say Something!