Wednesday morning, there will be a two-part news briefing and question and answer session with experts from UAB, Jefferson County and other community leaders.
The first 10-15 minutes will cover new information about a special unit for COVID positive nursing home patients in Jefferson County. The second part of the briefing will include a broader update on the pandemic, where local and statewide COVID numbers stand and more.
Speakers will include:
- Rachael Lee, M.D.: UAB Medicine Healthcare Epidemiologist
- Kellie Flood, M.D.: Associate Professor with UAB’s Division of Gerontology, Geriatrics, and Palliative Care
- Brian Spraberry: Chief Administrative Officer, UAB Medicine
- Tony Petelos: Jefferson County Manager
- Nick Beckham: NHS Management, LLC