BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — As the University of Alabama at Birmingham football team travels to Miami to take on the Hurricanes Thursday night, head coach Bill Clark revealed some players have tested positive for the coronavirus.
“We got a couple guys that won’t be going with us this time,” Clark said.
Clark also said the team is being tested three times a week and will be tested again once in Miami by the ACC.
“We’re tested probably [more than] anyone else in the county,” he said. “But, you know, extra safe, extra cautious.”
The game against Miami will kickoff Thursday at 7 p.m. The game will be broadcast on the ACC Network.
- Additional lanes off Highway 84 built into the new Ben E. Keith food processing facility under construction in New Brockton
- The Extra Point: Andalusia vs. Charles Henderson
- The Extra Point: Enterprise vs. Central phenix city
- The Extra Point: Dothan vs. Prattville
- Cheer Squad of the Week: New Brockton Gamecocks