LEE COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — According to a District Court of Lee County document, the second suspect in Aniah Blanchard’s abduction and death, Antwon “Squirmy” Fisher, will appear in court for a hearing December 4.
Fisher has been charged with first-degree kidnapping. In this first hearing, the court will determine whether Fisher understands the charges placed against him.
Also in the hearing, the court will decide whether bail will be set for Fisher. The court found that releasing Fisher would not assure his appearance at trial and that he “poses a risk of danger to public.” As a result, he will continue to be held without bond.
Because of his felony charge, Fisher will also make an appearance Dec. 18.
Monday, the first suspect arrested, Ibraheem Yazeed, was charged with capital murder in Blanchard’s shooting death. He remains in the Lee County jail without bond.
- Dothan City Schools BOE: Teachers and staff must wear mask for remainder of school year
- Three injured when motorcycles collide in Hartford
- How Alabama’s U.S. Senators voted President Biden’s $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief package
- Senate approves President Biden’s COVID-19 relief plan, headed back to House for final approval
- CDC study shows pregnant women are at greater risk for COVID-19