HOOVER, Ala. (WIAT) — On Sunday, protesters lined up on Highway 31 in Hoover following the national call of justice for George Floyd.
This comes after Saturday night’s protests, where protesters lined the same street and Hoover City Hall with signs that read “Black Lives Matter” and “I can’t breathe.”
In Tuscaloosa, protesters also rallied for justice for Floyd.
Sunday evening, protesters stormed Linn Park around the confederate monument. Mayor Randall Woodfin addressed protesters in Downtown Birmingham to stand down after taking down the Charles Linn Statue, saying “allow me to finish the job for you.”
- Hospital millage rate increase to appear on Geneva Co. ballot in November
- Eufaula-based medical factory to bring new jobs to Wiregrass community
- July 4th kicks off Watermelon Alley season in Cottondale, Florida
- AAA talks holiday traffic and reduced gas prices as July 4th weekend approaches
- Troy University to require masks when social distancing isn’t possible