(WIAT) — Across Alabama residents experienced severe weather including damaging winds, heavy rain, and flooding. Certain areas hunkered down as tornado warnings were issued as the storm, referred to as a squall line, breezed through the state upwards of 53 miles per hour.
In the aftermath of the storm, residents are beginning to pick up the pieces, some shared the damage left behind. Here are images of the damage that is affecting parts of Central Alabama.
From Chelsea Park:
From Oxford, Alabama:
Storm damage across the Southeast, including Mississippi:
Do you have any pictures or videos from today’s storm? Email them to email@example.com or tweet us @CBS_42!
- Local man charged with soliciting minor via computer during undercover investigation
- Florida considers not releasing daily COVID-19 case numbers to the public
- Alabama National Guard trains for possible civil unrest following election day
- Newsfeed Now: President Trump campaigns in NC; Presidential Debate preparations
- Crunch Fitness holds Truck or Treat