(WIAT) — Across Alabama residents experienced severe weather including damaging winds, heavy rain, and flooding. Certain areas hunkered down as tornado warnings were issued as the storm, referred to as a squall line, breezed through the state upwards of 53 miles per hour.
In the aftermath of the storm, residents are beginning to pick up the pieces, some shared the damage left behind. Here are images of the damage that is affecting parts of Central Alabama.
From Chelsea Park:
From Oxford, Alabama:
Storm damage across the Southeast, including Mississippi:
Do you have any pictures or videos from today’s storm? Email them to email@example.com or tweet us @CBS_42!
- Boxer Floyd Mayweather to pay for George Floyd’s funeral
- George W. Bush issues statement on ‘brutal suffocation’ of George Floyd: ‘It is time for us to listen’
- Tear gas deployed at protesters in Huntsville
- New York State Police release names of officers struck during protest
- Judge gives control of Joe Exotic’s zoo to Carole Baskin