(WIAT) — Across Alabama residents experienced severe weather including damaging winds, heavy rain, and flooding. Certain areas hunkered down as tornado warnings were issued as the storm, referred to as a squall line, breezed through the state upwards of 53 miles per hour.
In the aftermath of the storm, residents are beginning to pick up the pieces, some shared the damage left behind. Here are images of the damage that is affecting parts of Central Alabama.
From Chelsea Park:
From Oxford, Alabama:
Storm damage across the Southeast, including Mississippi:
Do you have any pictures or videos from today’s storm? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @CBS_42!
- 49ers’ RB Tevin Coleman ‘expected to have a chance’ to play in Super Bowl LIV
- Truth and lies: Social media political ads
- 49ers’ RB Raheem Mostert: ‘Look at me now’
- Andy Reid celebrated AFC Championship with cheeseburger then went to bed
- Henry County Sheriff’s Office makes large drug bust after month-long investigation