DOTHAN, Ala. (WDHN) — Are you staying at home because of the Coronavirus pandemic?
Well, one easy thing you can do at home with your kids to pass the time is to bake a cake, and odds are you probably have everything needed right in your kitchen.
For this simple Pound Cake, all you need is:
- 1 Cream Cheese
- 3 sticks of butter
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups of cake flour
- 3 cups of sugar
- A splash of vanilla
First up, make sure that before you get started you wash your hands.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Sift the cake flour, and set it aside
- In a different bowl, add the cream cheese and butter together then combine it
- Add the eggs two at a time until all six are in the batter
- Add in the sugar.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour slowly until combined.
- Scrape the sides to ensure everything is combined evenly.
- Add your splash of vanilla
- Spread the batter into the pan
- Bake for an hour and 35 minutes
Once the cake is done allow a few minutes for it to cool down, and then dig in!