DOTHAN, Ala. (WDHN) — Several areas in the Wiregrass have seen considerable road damage as a result of the rains brought by Hurricane Sally.
Some roads have reopened after clearing out without any major problems. Others remain closed with more being added to the restrictions.
Here’s a list of situations we know of. Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org about any other situations you know of so we can add them here.
The following roads are closed, per the Dothan-Houston County EMA Facebook Page:
- Day Road at Furnie Jackson Road
- 400 of Middleton Road
- Gin Road south of #415
- 7300 block of South Park Ave
- Seally Wells Road
- Gilmore Road at Easy Street
- Waddell Road at Lewis Road
- Gene Terry Road between addresses 6343 and 6486
Highway 105 at CR-41 was closed following an incident where part of the road has broken down. Minor injuries are reported in the crash.
EMA Director Kurt McDaniel has been video taping the situation and sharing it on the EMA Facebook.
Below is Post Oak Road, where some of the road has been eroded away.
Here are other roads that have been closed in Geneva County:
- Sandy Creek Bridge
- Mitchell Road is flooded between John Tindell and County Road 16
- Union Hill Road Bridge
- Grant Road between Crossover Road and Case Road
- Settlement Road Bridge
- Post Oak Road
- Mt. Pleasant Road
- White Oak Road Bridge
- Sardis Road between Thorne Road and County Road 4
- L Vaughn Road at the bridge
- County Road 40 at TAC X on Double Bridges Creek
- James Johnson Road Bridge
- Crockett Road
- Coe Road at Trussel Road Cross Drain
- Spears Hill Road (Flooding at Bridge)
- Tillman Road
- Dock Wilson Road
- Yohn Road
Here is a list of roads closed due to water on the road:
- CR 682 at Double Bridges Creek
- CR 205 approximately 1/2 mile East of AL Hwy 87
- CR213 at Shoal Creek approximately 1 mile East of AL Hwy 87
- CR 231 at AL 87 and CR 224
- CR 224 at Whitewater Creek Bridge
- CR 474 at Pea River approximately 2 miles East of AL Hwy 189
- Hwy 87 at CR 349 to CR 315
- Hwy 189 one lane near Kinston
- County Road 682
- Coffee County Road 365 is closed north of bridge
County Road 44 east of Greens Crossroads is closed.
County Road 22 and Gammage Road are one-lane only in certain sections.