DOTHAN, Ala. (WDHN) — Emo, the resident on Mona Drive, lost everything he worked for on
Monday afternoon. Emo’s stove burst into flames while he was preparing his lunch.
“I don’t know what’s next, I need a place to live and be comfortable,” Emo said.
After the word got out that he lost everything in a fire, a special phone call was made. Within
seconds, David Duke of Wiregrass 2-1-1 was ready to help.
“He lost everything including clothing, simple hygiene, and shoes, and he didn’t know where to go and how to get started, so we able to provide him with resources, “Executive Director David Duke said.
Within the last 24 hours, agencies such as the Red Cross, Love, and Action Ministries and The Harbor
have all joined forces to assist Emo in his time of need.