DOTHAN, Ala. (WDHN) — With the Mardi Gras parade set to take place Saturday, how will this affect traffic through the center of Dothan?
Basically, here’s how the route is going to go:
- The parade will begin At 3:00 p.m. on 307 Girard Avenue and head north before turning right until 1400 North Pontiac Avenue.
- It will then turn at 1501 Dakota Street before turning once more onto Montezuma Avenue.
- At 105 Montezuma Avenue, the parade will then head east on West Burdeshaw Street before turning south onto North Park avenue.
- The parade will continue past West Main Street, blocking off traffic there. It will then turn at 271 S. Park Ave. onto Catalpa Avenue.
- The parade will then venture down Catalpa until it reaches South Alice Street, where it will turn right.
- Afterward, the procession will head east on West Lafayette Street, crossing South Oates Street, before making its final turn onto Foster Street. It will then conclude at 111 West Troy Street.
A map of the route can be found at the Krewe of Kolosse’s website. Also, remember that WDHN will be streaming the parade, and we definitely want to see photos of you guys having fun, so send any photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.