(WDHN) — Thanksgiving is on the way, and while some choose to make their own meals to enjoy with families, others may need help to celebrate.
Here’s a working list of those places that are giving free meals for Turkey Day:
- The Harbor — To-go meals will be given at the front door from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Nov. 25. Their address is 320 N. Foster St. For more info, call 334-790-4031.
- Dothan Rescue Mission — Those in need can walk in for a plate from noon to 1 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. The mission is located on 216 E. Crawford St., and you can get more info by calling 334-794-4637.
- Living Hope Community Outreach Center — To-go dinners are available while supplies last, so there will be one meal per person on a first-come, first-serve basis. You must be there to sign in. The center at 309 N. Lena St. and will be giving meals from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day More details are available by calling 334-671-2376.
- Love In Action Ministries — Meals will be given to the homeless and those in need. They can walk in for a plate from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., but the meals cannot be eaten on location due to COVID-19 restrictions. The ministry is on 279 W. Main St. Those interested in volunteering can reach out by calling 334-494-4995.
- Moma Tina’s — Meals will be given from 10:30 a.m. to noon at the Soup Kitchen on Thanksgiving. At noon, the group will deliver meals to people who have signed up (slots are filled). Moma Tina’s needs volunteers to prepare food, feed people, and deliver meals. Volunteers will need to meet that morning to prepare the meal. The ministry is located at 605 N. Alice St., and you can call 334-714-3482 or 334-699-6886 for details.
- They need the following for donations: turkeys and hams, to-go plates, plastic utensils, desserts, or volunteer dishes.
- Christian Mission Center — Located on 231 Geneva Highway. Drive-through meals will be given on Thanksgiving Day from noon to 2:00 p.m. Meals will be limited to one per person for those in need of a Thanksgiving meal. You can call 334-393-2607 to know their donation needs.
- The Craft Bar & Grill — Volunteers are needed for their meal service on Thanksgiving day. Calls can be made to 334-477-4055.
Daleville/Fort Rucker Area
- Chopper’s Ol’ School BBQ — Giving free Thanksgiving meals from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 224 Donnell Blvd in Daleville. Deliveries will also be made at drop-off points in Fort Rucker, Enterprise, Level Plains, and Ozark at noon and 2 p.m. Those interested in picking up a meal at one of these locations can call 334-447-8049. If no one answers, leave a message, and they will call you back.
If you know of anywhere else giving free meals, send an email to email@example.com.