FORT RUCKER, Ala. (WDHN) — The United States Department of the Army stopped soldiers and their families from traveling to and from Italy and South Korea as concerns over COVID 19 rise.
“Out of an abundance of caution, Headquarters, Department of the Army has made the decision to stop movement and delay travel of Soldiers stationed in Italy and Korea, which have been identified by the Centers for Disease Control as alert level three for COVID-19,” the order said.
Fort Rucker’s Office of Public Affairs Office told WDHN that this means that soldiers stationed in these countries are effectively stuck where they are.
A CNN report said this has the greatest impact who were prepared to move to their next assignment.
Last Friday, an american soldier tested positive for the virus in Naples while another tested positive in Korea last month.