DOTHAN, Ala. (WDHN) — With heavy rains and flash flood warnings declared across our area, some counties have closed some or all of their roads.
The following are the ones we know about right now.
The following will be closed and are expected to reopen Thursday:
- Antioch Church Road between Coot Adams Road and Rocky Creek Road
- County Road 81 at Bazemore Mill Road
- Decatur Road in Madrid at the Railroad Crossing
- Harvest Lane
- Waddell Road at Lewis Road
The following will be closed until further notice
- Gin Road due to an undermmined cross drain
- The 7300 block of S. Park Avenue because of a washout
Magnolia Ave and Francis Drive will be closed until further notice. Ditches on Shiloh Road are overflowing, causing flooding near Loveless Trailer Park and the road itself.
Coffee County Roads
- County Road 326 is closed at the bridge over Bluff Creek, around a mile west of County Road 305 due to water on the road.
- Coffee County Road 213 is closed at Shoal Creek around 3/4 miles east of Alabama Highway 87.
- County Roads 655, 663, and 682 are impassable due to water on the roads.
Water Avenue and Greenwood Street are close as of this report, according to the Geneva Police Department.
Live Oak Street, Campbell Avenue, Fleming Street, and Water Street are now underwater.
All roads and bridges have been declared impassable as of 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.
All city streets will be closed at 11:30 a.m. and will remain closed until further notice.
All streets in Opp will reopen .
All roads have been deemed impassable.
All county roads are closed except for essential workers. Road Department is looking into what the county can expect as they are projected to get another 10 inches of rainfall, according to the sheriff’s office.
The county’s emergency management has closed all roads with exceptions for essential critical travel and emergency vehicles. All barricades are being used, and travelers may find damaged roads without warning.