BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — AAA Alabama is cautioning people against getting behind the wheel if their holiday celebration will feature alcohol.
AAA will offer Tow-for-Life for the 32nd year, providing free towing services to keep impaired drivers off the road on July 4. Members and non-members can take advantage of the service.
The program will begin at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, July 4 and it will continue through 6 a.m. Thursday, July 5.
Here’s how to receive free towing:
- Call AAA Alabama at 1-800-222-4357 (1-800-AAA-HELP) and ask for Tow-for-Life. The vehicle must be operable to qualify for a free tow.
- The operator will ask for the driver’s name, home address, telephone number and exact location of the vehicle and driver.
- A tow truck will be dispatched and upon arrival, the wrecker driver will ask for identification and the keys to the vehicle.
- The vehicle will be towed to the home of the driver or owner if the owner is present.
- Towing is provided at NO CHARGE up to 10 miles.