BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Harvey Updyke, the Alabama Crimson Tide fan who poisoned the oak trees at Toomer’s Corner at Auburn University, has passed away. He was 71.
Updyke’s granddaughter confirmed to CBS 42 that he had passed away.
Updyke famously, or infamously, poisoned the trees that are seen as a sanctuary for Auburn Tiger fans back in 2010 following Auburn’s win in the Iron Bowl in Tuscaloosa. He had called into the Paul Finebaum radio show to tell the host what he had done.
- Geneva County disinfects its buses to prevent chances of students catching the coronavirus
- A Geneva street is renamed for a community leader who recently passed away
- Schools and COVID-19: How will teachers stay safe during the pandemic?
- Eric Trump says Harris as Biden’s VP doesn’t worry Trump campaign
- WDHN Storm Team: More rain to come, Tropical Storm Josephine strengthens