BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Starting at 11 p.m. Monday night, the Alabama ABC board will temporarily restrict all alcohol sales at bars and restaurants across Alabama in an effort to curb the spread of COVID-19.
During a called meeting Monday, the board passed the motion 3-0, meaning bars will have “last call” at 11 p.m. and that alcoholic beverages on premises must be consumed by 11:30 p.m
However, this action will not affect to-go or curbside sales, and will not require establishments to close by 11:30 p.m.
The restriction will last for 120 days.
- Houston County man charged in truck theft in Geneva
- COVID-19 relief package hangs in the balance as lawmakers stay along party lines
- ADPH asking Alabama residents who had COVID-19 to complete survey
- Saliba: Cost of living needs to be considered when discussing minimum
- Wiregrass RC&D allows kids to RISE to the challenge