OPP, Ala. (WDHN) — Authorities in eastern Covington County have an answer for the death of two men at an Opp home in July.
On Tuesday, the autopsy toxicology results came in from the Alabama Department of Forensics. Doctors determined that both Keith Hines and Marquez Henderson died from Fentanyl — a highly addictive narcotic used in pain management.
In addition, both men had other prescription narcotics in their bodies. Opp police chief Kevin Chance told WDHN by phone that the deaths are being classified as accidental due to a drug overdose.
We’re still trying to determine where the drugs came from and how did it get to the residence. Still, investigators are working on this. This is something very serious. We want to make sure that these types of drugs don’t come back to the streets of Opp,” Chief Chance said.
Before the deaths of Hines and Henderson, two others died at the same Hardin Avenue residence just a few days earlier. The autopsy results are not complete on those individuals.