JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the shooting death of an 11-year-old boy on a hunting trip.
According to JCSO, the boy was killed while he and his father and two other hunters were hunting turkeys Friday morning in the 9100 block Cedar Mountain Road.
Medical personnel responded to the scene but were unable to revive him.
A family friend has organized a GoFundMe account for the family Troy Ellis, according to the account. He is the 11-year-old accidentally killed while hunting. All proceeds received will be given to the Ellis family in order to cover any financial costs. So far, the GoFundMe has raised over $30,000.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Georgia runoff elections get attention from current, former White House residents
- ADPH working on reducing required COVID-19 quarantine period when possible
- Direct restaurant relief excluded from latest stimulus bill
- Biggest sticking points in COVID-19 relief compromise in Congress
- State health leaders urge extension of Alabama mask mandate