MADRID (AP) — More than 100 guests could be released in coming hours from a 4-star resort in Spain’s Canary Islands that’s been under lock-down over fears of a further spread of the new coronavirus.
Authorities in the Canary Islands said Wednesday that none of the group had direct contact with the four holidaymakers who tested positive for the COVID-19 disease earlier this week.
The remaining 600 or so guests at the H10 Costa Adeje Palace hotel on the island of Tenerife will need to remain quarantined for 14 days, Teresa Cruz, the health regional ministry in the Canary Islands told a news conference.
Authorities on Tuesday sought an order from a local judge to quarantine the hotel after the first infection among the hotel’s occupants was identified late Monday. Since then, three more people in a group of ten Italian vacationers have also tested positive.