GULF SHORES, Ala. (WKRG) — The University of Wisconsin-Madison confirms that a group of spring breakers who visited Gulf Shores has tested positive for COVID-19.
Marc Levicott with University of Wisconsin-Madison Police said that the students started their spring break in Nashville, Tennessee on March 13, then moved their trip down to Gulf Shores on March 16.
When they returned home, multiple students developed symptoms and tested positive for COVID-19.
Most of the students were members of fraternities and sororities. Now the university is asking all students who traveled for Spring Break to self-quarantine for 14 days.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS HEADLINES:
- 2020 week-long Fall Thunder Beach Rally on Panama City Beach
- Play Of The Week: Senn to Webb for 6
- Enterprise man killed, another injured after minivan hits tree
- The Extra Point: Auburn Vs. Enterprise
- The Extra Point: Glenwood Vs. Pike Liberal Arts