DOTHAN, Ala. (WDHN) —Alabama is now reporting 605 deaths from COVID-19 out of 16,554 cases.
Among the various underlying conditions in these deaths, Thursday’s death report showed that cardiovascular disease was present in 64.7 percent of these, the highest correlation of all the single conditions.
On Wednesday, Alabama reported 632 confirmed hospitalizations among 101 hospitals. Southeast Health is reporting 22 hospitalizations and 22 deaths so far.
However, no new deaths have been reported in the Alabama portion of our viewing area. Here are the figures from the Southeastern District:
- Butler County — 392 cases; 15 deaths
- Coffee County — 224 cases; one death
- Houston County — 188 cases; four deaths
- Pike County — 179 cases; zero deaths
- Barbour County — 132 cases; one death
- Dale County — 100 cases; zero deaths
- Covington County — 77 cases; one death
- Crenshaw County — 72 cases; two death
- Henry County — 71 cases; two deaths
- Geneva County — 40 cases; zero deaths
The state has confirmed 5,225 cases in the past two weeks.