DOTHAN, Ala. (WDHN) — Houston County is now leading the southeastern district in its total of COVID-19 cases.
Since March, the county has confirmed 658 cases, two more than Butler County’s current total of 656. However, Butler County still leads our district in the number of deaths with 31 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
In this category, Houston County ranks as third with seven deaths reported.
In the last two weeks, Houston County has confirmed 226 cases, with an average of 16.14 cases confirmed per day.
As for the rest of the district, new deaths have been reported in Dale, Barbour, and Covington counties. You can see how they rank here.
- Butler County — 35 deaths; 751 cases
- Dale County — 22 deaths; 787 cases
- Covington County — 20 deaths; 715 cases
- Houston County — 12 deaths; 1,327 cases
- Pike County — Seven deaths; 660 cases
- Coffee County — Five deaths; 716 cases
- Barbour County — Five deaths; 563 cases
- Crenshaw County — Three deaths; 297 cases
- Henry County — Three deaths; 246 cases
- Geneva County — Zero deaths; 242 cases;