DOTHAN, Ala. (WDHN) — Houston County now has the second-highest total of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the Southeastern District since the beginning of the pandemic.
According to the Alabama Department of Public Health, the county had 396 total cases. While the case numbers have increased, it appears Houston County’s death count has gone down to three.
Across the state, there have been 33,717 cases confirmed and 887 deaths reported. For the past three days, the ADPH has confirmed around 3,000 cases.
Here is a county-by-county ranking of the case numbers.
- Butler County — 632 cases; 28 deaths
- Houston County — 510 cases; six deaths
- Pike County — 452 cases; five deaths
- Coffee County — 386 cases; three deaths
- Barbour County — 357 cases; two deaths
- Covington County — 372 cases; seven deaths
- Dale County — 302 cases; zero deaths
- Henry County — 136 cases; three deaths
- Crenshaw County — 125 cases; three deaths
- Geneva County — 84 cases; zero deaths