DOTHAN, Ala. (WDHN) — Four new deaths from COVID-19 have been reported in Dale County, according to the Alabama Department of Public Health.
Dale County currently has confirmed 568 total cases and eight deaths. The new deaths were confirmed sometime between Tuesday and Wednesday, as shown by the data from both days.
Across the state, 70,413 people have tested positive for COVID-19 since March, with 1,325 people dead from the virus.
As for the other counties in the Southeastern District, Butler County still leads in the number of deaths while Houston County leads in the number of total cases. Here is how they rank up:
- Houston County — 2,313 cases; 18 deaths
- Coffee County — 1,262 cases; 6 deaths
- Dale County — 1,240 cases; 50 deaths
- Pike County — 980 cases; nine deaths
- Butler County — 936 cases; 39 deaths
- Covington County — 928 cases; 27 deaths
- Barbour County — 693 cases; nine deaths
- Geneva County — 598 cases; seven deaths
- Crenshaw County — 460 cases; 29 deaths
- Henry County — 429 cases; four deaths