MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — Nine individuals across the Alabama Department of Corrections have tested positive for coronavirus.
One staff member employed at Bibb Correctional Facility in Brent, Alabama; one staff member employed at Easterling Correctional Facility (Easterling) in Clio, Ala.; two staff members employed at Elmore Correctional Facility in Elmore, Ala.; one staff member employed at Fountain Correctional Facility in Atmore, Ala.; one staff member employed at Kilby Correctional Facility in Montgomery, Ala.; and three staff members employed at Staton Correctional Facility in Elmore, Ala., have tested positive for COVID-19.
These nine individuals promptly self-quarantined under the direction of their healthcare providers, ADOC reports. The ADOC’s Office of Health Services (OHS) has initiated an investigation to determine which, if any, ADOC inmates or employees may have had direct, prolonged exposure to these staff members.
Among the latest COVID-19 cases, 98 ADOC staff members and contracted staff remain active. 33 staff members who previously tested positive have been cleared to return to work.
Forty-three total cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed among our inmate population, 25 of which remain active.
- Downtown Date Night: Love your local business
- Local wedding venue gearing up for wedding season amid pandemic
- ‘He’s a brave boy’: Police K-9 needs more than 100 stitches after being stabbed by man
- Hobby Lobby to end 40% off coupon at the end of February
- The ‘Wolf Moon’ will rise in the sky this week – here’s how you can best view it