TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — The Tuscaloosa County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed that 21 inmates being held at the Tuscaloosa County Jail have tested positive for the coronavirus.
20 of the 21 inmates are asymptomatic and are being held away from the general population. The other inmate has shown symptoms and is being held in a cell by themselves.
Employees are being equipped with PPE and sanitation is being performed. An employee at the jail has also tested positive, but TCSO says they contracted the virus outside of the jail. They are currently self-quarantining.
- Former Barbour County Sheriff arrested for violating state ethics laws
- Removing brain-eating amoeba from Lake Jackson’s water supply will take time, officials say
- Silver Star Nation Interactive: Cowboys fall to Seattle, look ahead to Cleveland
- BREAKING: Child safe after abduction in Enterprise Tuesday morning
- Newsfeed Now: Countdown to the first Presidential Debate, California Wildfires, Carole Baskin, and more