TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Tuscaloosa Mayor Walt Maddox isn’t eyeing a 2022 bid for the governorship, despite his past ambitions.
He made a status on Twitter Thursday night, saying he has no plans to run for governor.
A Twitter user mentioned Maddox in a tweet, expressing her hopes for the mayor to enter the race for the governor’s seat. He quoted the tweet and responded, “I have NO plans to run in 2022.”
- Elba City Council grants “Hero’s Pay” for its municipal workers
- WDHN Storm Team: Wet weather moving in to end the week
- Alabama Department of Environmental Management presents a huge grant to Coffee County
- Enterprise shows off new Fort Rucker mural
- Hispanic Heritage Month: Wiregrass Latina urges her community to celebrate cultural diversity