BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A private plane had to make an emergency landing near Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport Wednesday afternoon, according to the Birmingham Airport Authority.
An Alert III call was issued just after 4:30 p.m. The pilot reported a loss of power but was able to safely land on a hill near Runway Drive and Eastlake Boulevard.
No injuries have been reported at this time. Both runways at the airport are still open and flights have not been impacted.
- Enterprise Primitive Baptist Church Homecoming
- Christian Mission Center in Enterprise holds its annual Thanksgiving Dinner, but it is a drive-thru
- What are you thankful for? WDHN newsroom and production give thanks
- Dothan Best Buy prepares for Black Friday, pandemic style
- Slocomb’s annual Thanksgiving Day turkey shoot raises money for the Red Tops sports programs