MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — Montgomery County District Attorney Daryl Bailey has issued an arrest warrant for State Rep. Will Dismukes.
The warrant is for first-degree theft of property. Dismukes allegedly stole more than $2,500 from a former employer, Weiss Flooring.
Dismukes has been booked into the Montgomery County Jail. He is being held on a $5,000 bond.
Gov. Kay Ivey released a statement to CBS 42 regarding to alleged incident.
“If true, it is disappointing when a public official, elected with the confidence of the people, abuse that trust. I support the letter of the law, and no one is above it – especially those in public office.”Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey
Dismukes’ lawyer says the state representative is maintaining his innocence, according to the Associated Press. Attorney Trey Norman says Dismukes doesn’t plan to give up his House seat.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Suspect in custody for shooting on minors
- Second capital murder suspect arrested in Dothan woman’s death
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- First Baptist Church members volunteer to beautify community garden
- Additional lanes off Highway 84 built into the new Ben E. Keith food processing facility under construction in New Brockton