HELENA, Ala. (WIAT) — The Helena High School football team has decided to cancel its next two games due to COVID-19 concerns.
In a statement to parents and students, HHS says they will be canceling the games, “out of an abundance of caution.”
The letter also states they want to give all affected individuals the chance to recover and slow any additional spread.
The Alabama High School Athletic Association implemented guidelines for teams that have positive cases of the coronavirus, requiring all games to be put on hold if a spread of the virus occurs.
Helena was scheduled to take on Pelham Friday and McAdory on Sept. 25.
- Coronavirus relief: When will lawmakers reach deal on more help for Americans?
- GSA recognizes president-elect Biden, clearing way for formal transition
- Photos released of car recovered from Chattahoochee River
- Don’t let the Grinch steal your gifts this year: tips to stay safe during the holiday season
- WDHN Storm Team: Wet weather returns in time for Holiday travels