HELENA, Ala. (WIAT) — The Helena High School football team has decided to cancel its next two games due to COVID-19 concerns.
In a statement to parents and students, HHS says they will be canceling the games, “out of an abundance of caution.”
The letter also states they want to give all affected individuals the chance to recover and slow any additional spread.
The Alabama High School Athletic Association implemented guidelines for teams that have positive cases of the coronavirus, requiring all games to be put on hold if a spread of the virus occurs.
Helena was scheduled to take on Pelham Friday and McAdory on Sept. 25.
- Suspect in custody for shooting on minors
- Second capital murder suspect arrested in Dothan woman’s death
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- First Baptist Church members volunteer to beautify community garden
- Additional lanes off Highway 84 built into the new Ben E. Keith food processing facility under construction in New Brockton