MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — Alabama State University has removed Bibb Graves’ name from one of their residence halls Wednesday afternoon.
Graves, the 38th governor of Alabama, has had his name taken off building at the University of Montevallo and Troy University as well. The schools say this is from Graves’ stance on segregation and his involvement with the Ku Klux Klan.
ASU posted the video of the name removal on its Facebook page. No word yet on what the residence hall will be renamed to.
- No foul play found by investigation of student’s body found on Troy campus
- ‘We know this is real’: New clinics aid coronavirus ‘long-haulers’
- From Wilmington to Washington: Biden heads to DC after emotional Delaware send-off
- McConnell said Trump ‘fed lies’ to mob about Biden election
- Eric Church, Jazmine Sullivan to sing national anthem at Super Bowl LV