VINEMONT, Ala. (WIAT) — A 70-year-old Tennessee man died in a plane crash near Cullman Regional Airport Saturday evening.
Around 6 p.m., the aircraft caught on fire and crashed into a wooded area near the Cullman airport. The aircraft has been identified as a Piper PA-32, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) reports. Two people were aboard.
According to Cullman County Coroner Jeremy Kilpatrick, John Sigman, of Dyersburg, Tennessee, died in the crash. The FAA will investigate the crash and the NTSB will determine the probable cause of the accident.
- Southeast Health announces visitor policy changes following Gov. Ivey’s latest press conference
- Texas family devastated after beloved dog shot in head, left in ditch
- ‘She was so little:’ Mom delivers premature ‘miracle’ baby in car during Texas storm
- Ozark apartments to be renovated thanks to $1 million housing grant
- Enterprise dealership makes food donation to local Christian Mission