MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — One member of the Alabama House of Representatives tested positive Tuesday—the first day of the state’s legislative session.
According to Alabama House of Representatives spokesman Clay Redden, one House member tested positive for COVID-19 during testing that took place before the start of the session. CBS 42 has not confirmed any additional positive tests among the state legislature.
A House staffer who came into contact with that member was also sent home as a precaution, Redden said.
The member and staffer are not being identified due to privacy concerns.
- COVID-19 vaccine distribution efforts face racial disparities, particularly in African American communities
- Enterprise woman killed in two-vehicle crash
- COVID-19 pandemic causing students to miss out on field trips
- Houston County man charged in truck theft in Geneva
- COVID-19 relief package hangs in the balance as lawmakers stay along party lines