Sponsored by

Newton man dies when home explodes

Oxygen tanks likely to blame for fatal blaze
An elderly Newton man died Friday after his home exploded and burst into flames. The victim is identified as Marrion Dale Ewell who was 85-years old.

Newton Police Chief James Greshem said the fire apparently began when oxygen tanks stored in the home exploded. When officers arrived the Jones Street home was already engulfed in flames.

While the cause of the fire is believed to have been the tanks, an investigation is underway into by Newton Police and the State Fire Marshal’s Office to make sure how it ignited.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

Gas Prices

Station Address [[fuelTypeSearched]] Price Updated
[[gas.StationName]] [[gas.Address]] [[gas.RegularPrice | currency]] [[gas.MidPrice | currency]] [[gas.PremiumPrice | currency]] [[gas.DieselPrice | currency]] [[gas.LastUpdated]]