Troy (7-6) was coming off of a 4-3 win over Florida Atlantic on Tuesday and now has over a week off before its next match. Doubles play was the key on Thursday as the two sides split the six singles matches.
Anja Cosovic and Trang Huynh turned in a gutsy effort to clinch the doubles point for Troy. The pair was down 6-2 at No. 1, but fought back to win an 8-7 (2) clinching win. The duo has now won eight straight doubles matches, and had to fight of three match points to extend the streak.
The Trojans and BU (6-6) split the singles matched with Troy win the top three flights and the Terriers winning the bottom three. BU actually took a 2-1 lead with wins at No. 4 and No. 5, but the Trojans won three straight to clinch the match.
Cosovic picked up the first singles win, taking a 6-2, 6-3 victory at No. 3, moving the sophomore to 10-2 in singles play this season.
Lyubov Dorofeeva next won for Troy at No. 2, taking a 6-1, 6-4 victory. Huynh clinch the win for the Trojans with a 6-3, 6-4 win at No. 1. Full results are below.
The Trojans return to the court on Friday, March 21, when they host Alabama State at the Lunsford Tennis Complex.
For more information on Troy Athletics, visit TroyTrojans.com. Fans can also find Troy on Twitter and Instagram at @TroyAthletics and on Facebook at Facebook.com/TroyAthletics.
Troy 4, Boston University 3
Mar 13, 2014 at Boca Raton, Fla.
1. Trang Huynh (TROY) def. Johanna Hyoty (BU) 6-3, 6-4
2. Lyubov Dorofeeva (TROY) def. Lauren Davis (BU) 6-1, 6-4
3. Anja Cosovic (TROY) def. L. Athanasiadis (BU) 6-2, 6-3
4. Barbara Rodriquez (BU) def. Monica Gonzalez (TROY) 6-1, 6-0
5. Sami Lieb (BU) def. Margot De Haan (TROY) 6-4, 6-3
6. Kim McCallum (BU) def. Brooke Durden (TROY) 6-4, 7-6
1. Anja Cosovic/Trang Huynh (TROY) def. Lauren Davis/Barbara Rodriquez (BU) 8-7 (7-2)
2. Johanna Hyoty/L. Athanasiadis (BU) def. Monica Gonzalez/Margot De Haan (TROY) 8-1
3. Lyubov Dorofeeva/Brooke Durden (TROY) def. Kim McCallum/Madison Craft (BU) 8-6
Boston University 6-6
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3,1); Singles (4,5,3,2,1,6)