At Physicians Hearing Center, we’re located in Dothan, Alabama but we’ve been providing extensive hearing healthcare to patients in the tri-state area as a division of ENTcare since 1977.
Our audiologists serve both children and adults with the following services:
Comprehensive Audiological Hearing Evaluations for Children and Adults
Newborn Hearing Screenings
Tinnitus Evaluations and Treatment
Middle Ear Function Testing
Otoacoustic Emission Testing
Earwax Removal – Earwax (also called cerumen) may become impacted and cause hearing loss, pain and dizziness. Using cotton-tipped applicators and ear candles are dangerous and may actually worsen the condition. Allow our audiologists to safely and properly remove the earwax for you!
Hearing Loss Counseling – Treating your hearing loss may drastically change your life. Counseling can help you understand your options, identify your expectations, improve your communication skills and help you learn to educate yourself and your loved ones on the best ways in which to communicate with you. Our audiologists will guide you in this process.
ENG Testing and Dizziness Treatment and Evaluations (Physicians Balance Center, another division of ENTcare) – They can perform a series of tests to determine if there is a problem or disorder with the vestibular (balance) portion of the inner ear.
In addition to hearing evaluations and tinnitus treatment, we provide the following audiology services:
Hearing Aid Sales and Service – We offer state-of-the-art hearing aid technology from a variety of manufacturers, including our preferred vendor, Oticon.
Hearing Aid Accessories and Batteries – No need to go anywhere else, we offer batteries and other hearing aid accessories right here. Our audiologists will show you how to change the batteries and use the accessories properly to help extend the life of your hearing aids.
2 year loss and damage on ALL new devices at NO extra charge
60-day money back guarantee
Complete Hearing Healthcare
Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs); including the best amplified phones and alarm clocks – ALDs can be used alone or in conjunction with your hearing aids to improve communication and allow you to enjoy music and television more comfortably. Our audiologists can help you choose which ALDs will be most beneficial for you.
Custom Hearing Protection, Ear Molds and Swim Molds – Noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL) is the number one cause of hearing loss. We offer custom hearing protection to prevent NIHL, as well as ear molds for musicians, hunters and more. To prevent ear infections and swimmer’s ear, we also offer custom swim molds.
Are you concerned about your hearing health? Do you need hearing aids or assistive listening devices? Schedule an appointment with our warm, courteous, experienced audiologists at Physicians Hearing Center in Dothan, Alabama!
Physicians Hearing Center is a division of ENTcare, providing physician directed hearing care. The staff of five ear, nose and throat physicians; and two doctors in audiology are celebrating 34 years in giving patients the best hearing health care possible.
1. About 12% of the U.S. population (about 38 million Americans) suffer from hearing loss.
2. Over 90% of deaf children have parents that can hear.
3. In adults over age 65, about 30-40% of the population suffers from hearing loss.
4. In children ages 6-19, 15% of the population has measurable hearing loss in eat least one ear.
5. 5 out of every 1,000 newborns will have hearing loss.
6. Exposure to noisy situations, such as traffic, even for 15 minutes a day, over time, can cause permanent damage to hearing.
7. Even mild hearing loss can cause a child to miss as much as 50% of a discussion in the classroom.
8. 14% of adults age 45-64 experience hearing loss in some way.
9. About 50 million people in the United States are affected by Tinnitus (ringing in the ears).
10. People who suffer from hearing loss wait an average of 7 years before they choose to seek help.
Noise-induced hearing loss is cumulative, invisible, and permanent. To learn more about getting help for your hearing loss, or to share information with someone you care about, please contact us at our Dothan, Alabama location.